Saturday, June 12, 2004

YOU'VE GOT MAIL

I was trying to wean myself off of the computer the other night so I turned on the TV set, I still have to look at a monitor, it soothes me.  So any how, guess what comes on?  You've got it, 'You've Got Mail', starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.  And I sat there just 'ROFLOL' (quietly and behind my hand of course cos everyone in the house would have thought me totally bonkers), as the movie started out with our two main characters waiting for their significant others to leave their respective abodes so that they could turn on the computer.  I have actually peered out from behind the curtain myself to watch my husband drive away before running to my computer.... and then doing a speed shut-down when he returns.  Lately I've just turned off the monitor, it makes logging back on so much faster.  I didn't watch the entire movie.  I lasted as long as the midway point before going back to my own computer. Sorry, can't do it cold turkey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree on your zits comment below by the way. Yeah turning off monitor is much easier. gives you moretime to be online if you dont have to sign back on. But remember mute the speakers lest they give you away. BEEN THERE DONE THAT> lori

Anonymous said...

lol, I try to spend time away from the computer too....it would help if I had somewhere else to go...but since I'm stuck at home anyway...since the computer is right by my bed...its just hard to...to.....u know, lol.

Anonymous said...

LOL This is too funny. I've done the quick shut off too. My live in boyfriend sold his computer and now he sits around huffing and puffing cuz I wont give him more time on mine. TUFF! It's mine I tell you, All mine mine mine! :O)

http://edit.journals.aol.com/fuzzypanda68/ItsmyLife

Followers