Wednesday, June 9, 2004

SYMPTOMS OF A BLOGGING ADDICTION

* You check your journal more than 10 times a day, or even 10 times an hour

* You have more Journal Comment Alerts in your mailbox than spam

*  Your best friends have screen names and URLs instead of real names and street addresses.

*  You log down the number on your hit counter before you sign off at night and check it first thing in the morning.  You record these numbers for future reference.

*  You have actually been late for work because you were reading your favorite journals.

*  You family has to leave a comment on your journal to get your attention.

*  You turn the volume up when you walk away from the computer so you can hear when the alert alarm sounds.

*  You beg strangers to read yours if you'll read theirs!

*  Being the #1 Editor's Pick is more important to you then winning a Pulitzer Prize.

These are just a few of the many symptoms of Blogaholism.  It is an incurable disease and can only be treated by steady doses of blogging.  So Blog on my friends!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats cute...I'm jsut gonna borrow that...

::runs::

Renee

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO  I said "Yep! That's ME!" Through a lot of that LOL :)

Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Sara and I'm a Blogaholic.
journals.aol.com/crystalviolet5/searchingforholden

Anonymous said...

::hangs head::  I also am a blogaholic.  Will be back.  I will watch your counter with you.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Aye me! I admit it, I'm an addict, but its nice to know I'm not the only one, lol.

Anonymous said...

OH man did you hit the nail on the head for me LOL Lori

Anonymous said...

It's all so very very true, I'm so addicted, and I hope there is no cure.  It's too much fun!  ~lila~

Anonymous said...

That's a great and accurate list. Add me to the list of Blogaholics. :)
Shelly
http://journals.aol.com/shellys555/CyberChocolate/ and http://journals.aol.com/shellys525/CreativeEndeavors/  

Anonymous said...

Kathy told me about this blog!  Great!!  It's funny because I just mentioned in my entry today that I was concerned about my addiction. I guess I just am admitting that I'm powerless over it!  --Albert

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love blogging! Sign me up! God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it!! I can relate to so many of them!! But I won't admit to it outloud : ) It's like this journal has become a big part of my life...hmmmm...is there a 12 step program to cure of this?

Smiles!
Vincci

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Krissy and I am a blogaholic.  I am admitting I am powerless over blogging.   http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

POWERLESS I am!!!!
http://jornals.aol.com/momdadat447/Adayinthelifeofamommy4

Anonymous said...

I'm GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, your Honor! I think I'm developing a permanent curvature of the spine from sitting hunched over my keyboard, determined to respond to every last comment, ALERTS even, in my Inbox.
Is there any hope for me? Tell it to me straight, Doc, I can take it...

Andi

Anonymous said...

This is so funny!!!  I am guilty of a few....well, maybe most of them!  Ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Cute! Thanks for including the link in my comments. I think I saw this like the first or second week I was lurking... <sigh> now it seems true instead of funny <LOL>

Followers