Sunday, June 27, 2004

HAL

How many of you have named their computer.  The first computer I ever saw was Hal, or HAL 9000 from the Space Odessey.  Hal was enough to intimidate anyone.

I don't think my first computer even had a brand.  It had a 475 MB harddrive (yes, I said MB, not GB).  I had all kinds of names for that stupid thing, but they can't be repeated here in a public forum.  My next computer was a Packard Bell, or the Packasaurus Rex as was more fitting.  That was followed by My Baby, the eMachine.  My current computer, My Precious (say this with a hissssss) is a Dell.  And finally, there is the Frankenputer upstairs.... its possessed by past users, past mainframes, old motherboards, I don't know for sure, but its haunted!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Have called mine names but never named it LOL Lori

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I name my cars, but never my computer. Odd, because I spend WAY more time at my computer than I do in my car.

Another hopeless addict.
-B

Anonymous said...

My first one didn't even HAVE a hard drive, and the second one, which cost me more than the Dell I have now, was pre-windows.  The Compaq, which was my third had a name, but to tell it might get you a TOS, so I won't.  LOL

~~ Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I haver never named my computers before, but I just thought about it and have given my Dell a name.  It is Necessity. After all, what would I do without a computer, lol. - Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I've named all my PCs since Windows, since I didn't like the "My Computer" thing. So I've had Gremlins, Gremlins II, Gizmo, and now Moya (from Farscape). At work, I've had Xena and now Sheena.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I thought I was the only nut who names their computer. My first computer which was so old it didn't have a brand, lol...I named it Clarissa. Clarissa was a stuborn girl, but we had good times and bad times, and one day...she just died. So Now I have my new computer is...well not really new, my baby is maybe 2 years old by now. But anyway...I never did give her a name....I think I shall call her.....................Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Haven't named my computer.  Will have to think about that.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

My preciousssssss was the emachine... when it died it left me with a 10 year HP.

I think I would prefer you Frankenputer.

angie

Followers