Thursday, June 17, 2004

EMERGENCY KITS

BLOGGER'S ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE KIT:

* Notepad to write down random thoughts when away from the computer.

* 12 pack of #2 pencils with eraser and sharpener. (pens tend to dry out)

* Printout of earlier entries that you can re-read while sitting in traffic.

* Cell phone with number for AOL by Phone for audio journal entries.

* Old keyboard to carry on your lap

* Map of all Internet Cafes and hotels with Internet access along your route.

PC HOME REPAIR KIT:

* Size 12 steel-toed mens' work boot for quick re-boots.

* 3 lb. ball hammer for when re-boot fails.

* A roll of duct tape for repairs after using the first two methods.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I I like the hammer. ihave been known to use one For real when things dont work right. My pc knows to act right and walk straight. Its seen the printer face the hammer fate. Lori

Anonymous said...

cool kit! where can I get one?

Anonymous said...

All good things to have in an emergency, but I prefer pens to penscils--I almost never use pencils--the writing can get smudged. I like rollerballs and gel pens and I always carry 5 or 6 so I never run out of ink. :)

Anonymous said...

pencils and notepads for when your away form the computer?  I keep them in the bathroom, because if I am not on the computer that is the only other place you'll find me.

kathy

Anonymous said...

I always carry large and small notebooks with pens and pencils and white out pens too.

My cell phone (and home phone) DOES have the aol by phone number in it LMAO

I also have my digital camera with me at all times so I can capture everything I want to share in my journal when I get home

We don't HAVE an internet cafe here yet argh! But there ARE libraries so if my PC crashes and my laptop battery dies, I have at least THAT outlet ;)

Maria

Followers