Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I AM A BLOGGING ADDICT

(this is a reprint of an entry from the Dust Bunny Club which I felt would be more at home here)

PreviewHello, my name is Dorn, and I am a Blogging Addict.  Its hard to admit it, I didn't even realize it at first.  But the symptoms are obvious.  I go straight to the computer in the morning after I start the coffee pot.  I open my mailbox for any new Comment Alerts, then go  to my journal and check the counter to compare the number from what it was before I logged off last night.  Pleased that there have been 20 hits overnight, I go to my favorite journals and read their latest entries.  I try to leave a comment of my own because I know how much I appreciate when they leave me comments.  I wait until the last minute to log off, just incase I get a Comment Alert.... I like to read them as soon as they pop up.

During the day I refer to other journalers as 'friends', even though I don't know them personally and in fact only know them by their screen name.  They are real enough to me and I believe every thing they write because nobody would ever lie or exaderate on a journal.

After work I rush back home and straight down to the computer room and turn on AOL.  My mailbox is full lately and I am happy because most of the comments are favorable.  I have so many friends now and I feel so special.

But when my husband comes in I guiltily shut down the computer.  He gives me long brooding looks.  I think he suspects that I might be having some kind of online affair, but he never says anything.  Its hard, but I wait until he goes to bed before logging on again.  More journal alerts... so I quickly pull them up and read them before checking the counter and logging off.

Now that I am over the denial stage of this addiction I must deal with it.  I didn't sleep well last night trying to come up with a solution.  With the sunrise came the answer.  I will just have to make a committment and take responsibility for my sickness.  I will have to go cold turkey.  It will be hard in the beginning, but changes must be made in order to save my sanity.

I will quit my job and devote myself to blogging full time! 

And I will start a help group for other addicts so that they may come to terms with their sickness.  I will call it 'Bloggers Anonymous'.  Blogging is not a crime, it isa disease.  Don't hate me because I blog.  Bloggers are people too.  Just because we 'LOL' instead of laughing out loud doesn't make us bad.  We are just misunderstood.   And bloggers are beautiful people.  I am proud to be a blogger! 

(oops, here comes the husband, gotta go!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny, and all too true. For me, too. :) And I just spend most of my lunch hour taking pictures to put on my photoblog: http://journals.aol.com/ShellyS525/CreativeEndeavors
http://journals.aol.com/ShellyS555/CyberChocolate

Anonymous said...

Tsk...let dickydoo what dicky's do. You stay on the computer as long as you like! So there! lol -B

Anonymous said...

thats a really cute entry

Anonymous said...

I remember reading that entry in your dust bunny journal (I love the title, LoL!!!). I'm adding this journal to my favorites to. Oops, got to get back to blogging.....!!!

http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/ATreasureTroveofGoodies

PS: I read a bit of the one journal you have about your job, I can relate as I work as a bank teller, only it's ten times worse in a bank than the job you have.

Wasting time, must....get back.....to journals.................................

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!

Also really liked this entry even the second time around.
ang

Followers