Monday, June 21, 2004

A BLOGGER'S MORNING

Its 6am.  I've been awake for almost an hour but waited until my husband left for work before getting up and turning on the computer.  I make a pot of coffee while the computer is powering up.  My first stop.... my mailbox!  Most of the new mail consists of Journal Comment Alerts.  I delete any spam so I can just breeze through the alerts without interruption.  My next stop is my journals.  I scroll down to check the counter and compare it with the number from last night before I logged off at bedtime.  10 hits or more overnight is a decent night.  20 or more is great.  I will then read the new comments... again.  I refresh my memory by reading my original entry.  I am comforted by bloggers who leave comments like "ITA" (I totally agree).  I don't get much ITA offline. The more common response offline is "AYC"  (Are You Crazy?).  Next its the news.  No, I don't mean AOL news, or CNN or FoxNewsOnline.  I mean news in Bloggersville.  Blogs have taken over my Favorites and I just go down the line catching up on some of my new friends.  I laugh at some of them, cry over others.  And some I sit there with a look of wonder and amazement wishing I had thought of that first.

And so starts my average day.  I'll leave the computer on while I get ready for work, just in case some new comments pop up.  I used to hate logging off and shutting down, but have since come up with a new way of thinking.  Do you know how much a counter can climb and the comments alerts can pile up during the course of a workday?  Its absolutely awesome to come home after a rough day at work to log on and see your mailbox overflowing with laughs and messages of encouragement, and to see that the counter has once again shot through the roof. 

Soooo, reluctantly I must step away from the keyboard and begin preparations for earning my minimum wage.  I shall be back as soon as possible to this very seat catching up on the very latest in Bloggersville.  Until then, Blog on my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I do that same thing. I delete junk so I can get to my journals and alerts. Lori

Anonymous said...

I know just how u feel! Its funny....cuz I will make myself log off for an hour or two and when I log back on my mailbox is full again. Crazy cuz as long as I was sitting there starring at the screen, nothing was happeneing, lol

Followers