Saturday, June 12, 2004

GOT ZITS?

A common problem that bloggers have to deal with are zits.  No, thats not a skin problem, and its not an acronym, it is just what I call harrassing posters who leave rude and many times off-topic comments on other peoples' journals. 

It is not expected that every reader will agree with the journaler and some may leave a disagreeable but respectful comment.  That is fine.  It is the rude commenter who does a 'read-by' and leaves a harassing comment with the sole intention of angering or embarassing the author.  That is in my opinion rude, cowardly and immature.  But these zits don't care what other people think about them, just just want others to know what they, the zit, thinks about them, the journaler.

To the journals who have an occasional problem with zits, ignore them and they will fade away.  If you pick at them they will only become bigger problems and spread, often times leaving scars (see why I call them zits?).  To the zits, I have this advice.  Get your own journal so you don't have to scab off of other peoples' lives to get your thrills.  Journaling is really fun once you get into it.  Try it, you may find that its even more fun than harassing strangers and people may actually start taking you seriously.  (unless you are like me, then alas, nobody will ever take you seriously)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how i have been wondering where my bloggers anon was.??????? So glad to see post. Ihave to have my bloggers annon. Lori

Anonymous said...

Zits can be a problem, but left alone they usually dry up.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Zits.  That's a good one.  I call them hemorroids.  Because they're nothing more than a pain in the ___.

The ones I hate worse, are the spammers, who just want to use MY journal to promote their own.  I WANT people to leave the link to their journal, so that I don't have to hunt to find theirs and so that others can find them too.  But I'm talking about the ones who have nothing to say about MY entry, just blather on about one of their entries and then leave a link.  They're the ones who get the delete button.

~~ Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing that. I like the word ZITS. I agree with everything you said in this entry.

Smiles!
Vincci

Anonymous said...

yeah, great entry......so anyways.....check out my journal.......lol, i'm so stupid. just playin', dorn......be good.

Followers