Thursday, July 1, 2004

VACATION - Updating Journals for Dummies (reprint)

I leave for the family vacation tomorrow with the sunrise.  Unfortunately I have to work today so I will be very busy once I get off.  In anticipation of not being able to get my blog-fix again before I leave, I will leave you will this, probably one of my favorite blog entry.  For those who read it previously on my other journal, I apologize for the repetition. 

I am making some upgrades to my journal.  These are inter-active upgrades so you will have to follow the instructions I give to benefit from the application.  First of all, in order to spruce up my journal, kind of give it a flashy facelift with the little blinkies that are so popular with the other journals, I am adding some of my own.  Here is where the 'inter-active' part comes in.  When ever you see a little asterik, like this  *  , just blink your eyes several times in succession.  The more you blink, the faster the blinkie!  Try it now:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

If you did it properly you should have seen a blinking row of twinkly stars.  Got it?  Good.  Now I'll add some color.... and.... blink! blink! blink!

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

Next I will add some background music.  Scroll back up to *the top of the message.  Under the heading there should be a song title * and the artist that performs it.  In this case it is 'How Do You Like Me Now' by Toby Keith.  Go to AOL Music on the toolbar and click on it.  Find the country section and select TobyKeith, and then the song title.  Crank it up and continue reading the message.  *       *

Through the marvels of modern technology I am now able to provide you with a unique interactive online  * experience.  I *hope you have enjoyed your visit here at my journal.  To my new found friends, thank you  for the support and encouragement you * have given me.  To those who made fun of my name, or made insinuations as to whether or not I have* a life, all I can say is....   (crank up the chorus now)   "How Do You Like Me Now?!"  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang I hate these blinky things. Makes me dizzy. -B

Anonymous said...

So funny Lori

Anonymous said...

I just love your blinkies!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I'm going to miss my blogger anon sponsor!!!

Thinking of you!
angie

Followers