Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I was home for 3 hours before I turned on the computer.  Don't get me wrong.... I wanted to as soon as I walked in the front door.  It had been 10 days since I had last touched the keyboard and my fingertips itched to caress the keys, but I knew that everyone was watching me, waiting to see how long it would take.  So I sat down and pretended to taste the taco I was eating, pretended to listen to the TV when all I could hear was the ticking of the clock marking wasted seconds that could have been better spent infront of my 17 inch monitor.

But they are asleep now and I am free to log on to visit my old friends.  And I will.... just as soon as I get some sleep myself.  But I just had to stop by and feel my computer once again, and to peek at my blog, to see if anyone has visited while I was gone, to see if anyone had missed me as much as I have missed them.

Ahhhhh, vacations are fun,  but most of all vacations are for reminding you of how wonderful it is to be home. 

Blog on my friends.  Thanks for waiting on me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  I don't have your control.  I was gone for six days and came in and couldn't wait five minutes before turning on my computer.  I went straight to the journals.  My boyfriend was over, and looked kind of sad, like why would I choose my online friends over him.  That is when I realized I should get off as soon as possible.  So about half an hour later I promptly got off, and then got back on a little while later, lol! -Krissy  http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hey you did better than me when I come home from camping. LOL I come in a turn on the pc like with in five mintues to warm it up but YOu know soon as its up and running i end up blogging. LOL Lori

Anonymous said...

When I go on vacation in August i'm bringing my laptop with me...i simply cannot go without my daily fix!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! 10 days without touching ur computer! I would have been so depressed! I remember when my first computer stopped working...I was so sad and depressed that my head was hurting so bad...I'm not joking, I'm serious, lol.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dorn!! Was the withdrawl bad? Glad you had a good time on vacation. Blog on... we missed ya. :)

Followers