Monday, July 19, 2004

AOL JOURNALS ANNIVERSARY

Oh my gosh, the Anniversary is just one week away and I haven't a thing to wear!  And what shall I bring?  A float?  There isn't enough time!  What to do, what to do!?

Okay, maybe I'm a little too new to this to be as caught-up in the celebration as some others, but I still feel like I should be doing something. But what?

Planting a garden is out, my gardening skills, even a cyber garden,suck so I won't even go there.  I've no idea how these cyber-floats work, and I think I dropped the cyber torch a couple of times, I'm not sure, I just saw fire so I sprayed it with my cyber-hose and nothing was left but a cyber-puddle and a wet stick.  How many of them things are there out there anyhow cos I know for a fact I've exstinguished at least 6 (I live in a high-fire-danger area).  Fireworks are out for the same reason.

So what can I do for this 'Cyber-bration'?  I refuse to sit back and do nothing because the fact is I owe a lot to AOL Journals.  For starters I've invested valuable time in my 4 journals and through them have gained many wonderful friends.  Journal-land has given me a much needed break from the stress of the real world although that is not to say that it is not real or genuine.  I take my fellow jouralers very seriously and they are just as real and important in my life as my own friends and family.

Well, the answer is obviously not coming to me today, so I will ponder this over the next few days and hopefully will have an offering for the celebration of a great institution and inspiration.  Til then, blog on my friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my Gosh what to wear. I had not even thought of that!!!!!!!! Now I m stressing Gotta go buy a new dress now or outfit now. Is this a swanky party or causal.?????? Lori LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Dornbrau,
Thanks for visiting my site and commenting. This is my first time in yours as well and I have a offer for you if you like. I was reading your entry that you are kind of stuck in your float? Perhaps I may be of help, since you said something about hosing down some torch, I have a good idea what to do, but you have to trust me and I will get back to you tomorrow with my graphic for you to view and if you like it, it's all yours... Just let me ponder on it tonite... Jessie- If you like hit me on my email and let me know what ideas are lingering in your head and I will help you... http://journals.aol.com/smartypantzjessi/LessonsFromTheHeart/
This is my float of clowns(scroll down)

Anonymous said...

4 journals?  I only know of the DustBunnyClub (which I love) and this one (noticed a link for it at Dust Central).  4 journals, wow! You got it bad!  But I am enjoying them and amazed at how you do it!  

"JerseyGirl"
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

stop by sometime, but be aware, last few entries I RANTED, but trust me, I ususally don't!  

Anonymous said...

Four Journals!!!  Holy Smokes!

Followers