Tuesday, July 27, 2004

DOING THE POTTY DANCE

You know you've got it bad when you go to the computer BEFORE you use the bathroom in the morning!  Once at the computer I decided that I should make a pot of coffee while waiting for the computer to start up and get online with AOL.... So there I am, I've measured the grounds and am filling up the carafe (thats THEIR word, not mine!), and the sound of running water stimulates my own reservoir, and next thing I know I'm standing there in the kitchen doing the potty dance like a kid, knowing that I should shut off the faucet and hurry to the bathroom before there is a flash flood in my kitchen, which is NOT covered by my homeowners insurance... but unwilling... no, UNABLE to stop because my extreme addiction to coffee has full control over my body and I HAVE to get the pot on the maker so I can get a cup of fresh brewed coffee immediately upon my return from the bathroom.  Does the potty dance really help stop the urge?  The answer is NO, but it makes me feel like I'm in motion towards my final destination and I am able to control myself.  Do I put the 'carafe' down and rush to the bathroom?  No, of course not, I have to go and empty it into Bunn Pour-Omatic first.  Once again my sences detect the sound of flowing water and my version of the Potty dance has just picked up the tempo.  And then I key in my password to AOL....  Finally its a mad dash to the toilet and I am proud to announce that I was a good girl and made it in time... I get a potty-point for that one!  And to top things off, my coffee was ready and I was signed on to AOL by the time I returned.  Hows that for timing?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah sometimes i am holding it before going to potty stopping at journals on the way. Its bad very bad. Lori

Anonymous said...

Yup i know that dance...lol The older i get the more i dance...

Anonymous said...

Lol, thats funny.  I do that dance just about every morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...lol..sheepishly admitting that I do it too. Just a thought: Setting up the coffee station the night before?
I always feel like real grownup when I do that.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Andi

http://journals.aol.com/greyhoundloner03/attemptingauthenticity

Anonymous said...

Just reading this, made ME have to dance and GO! lol

Deborah
http://journal.aol.com/kokoapuffy1/PemberTime

Anonymous said...

Been there

Anonymous said...

Love this...I read this about a week ago!
FUNNY : )
And I've been there too!
Sharon

Followers