Friday, October 8, 2004

DOING CHORES FOR A CHANGE

The Frankenputer is on the fritz again (surprise, surprise).  Actually what happened is that someone tried to fix it and ended up deleting some vital shared files, and now the kids can't log on to AOL.  (Okay, it was ME... I admit it... but I have to make the kids think that it's their fault, otherwise I will lose my rank of House Geek).  Unfortunately its not as simple as tossing in the AOL disc and re-installing it.  Oh no!  When I screw something up I screw it up BIG TIME!  So I guess next Tuesday I'll try to fix it and redeem  my credibility.  In the meantime, the kids have been punishing me by using MY computer, thus limiting my time on it.  When I balk, they point out that they are doing 'homework'.  Little rats!  So grudgingly I occupy myself with other tasks, like... washing dishes... ugh!  This has got to STOP!

Graphics by CyberGifs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH yeah that is so true. YOu cant let them in that its your fault LOL I hope you get Franken puter working and I Love that graphic its so true > LOri

Anonymous said...

LOL.....in the name of school work, what Mothers have not given up....it worked thirty years ago and it's still working....My sister waits for hers to sleep and then she stays up half the night on the computer...she looks like a racoon,,,no sleep...all in the name of HOMEWORK....We shall miss you, hurry back....Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic!  Teach them how to fix the computer....trust me the status you lose as house geek is more than made up by keeping the kids busy while you are online LOL.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the funniest blogs on AOL! I'll be coming here more often for my daily laugh!
http://journals.aol.com/tdavis4900/BoxsterRant/
Cheers, BoxsterBabe

Followers