Friday, April 15, 2005

SYMPTOMS OF A BLOGGING ADDICTION (repost from June 10, 2004)

* You check your journal more than 10 times a day, or even 10 times an hour

* You have more Journal Comment Alerts in your mailbox than spam

*  Your best friends have screen names and URLs instead of real names and street addresses.

*  You log down the number on your hit counter before you sign off at night and check it first thing in the morning.  You record these numbers for future reference.

*  You have actually been late for work because you were reading your favorite journals.

*  You family has to leave a comment on your journal to get your attention.

*  You turn the volume up when you walk away from the computer so you can hear when the alert alarm sounds.

*  You beg strangers to read yours if you'll read theirs!

*  Being the #1 Editor's Pick is more important to you then winning a Pulitzer Prize.

These are just a few of the many symptoms of Blogaholism.  It is an incurable disease and can only be treated by steady doses of blogging.  So Blog on my friends!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Promise and I'm a blog addict!! :)
~ promise

Anonymous said...

How many symptoms do you have to have to qualify???  I'm not sure, but I might be guilty.  Is there help?  Sheila

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! (guilty)

Anonymous said...

Damn, I'm glad you posted something to this journal again. I was getting the shakes. I'm going over to the Bar and Grill Bulletin Board next.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

So, if we are Journal Addicts do we get to have like meetings and such?? Hi, I'm Astaryth, and I'm a Journal Addict <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Oh help me! I think I'm guilty!!! Hubby says one day he'll find me in a slumped position fingers tightly wrapped around the key board...LOL....Sandi

Anonymous said...

* You have hit so many alerts on favorite sites...the next day's mail takes two hours to read and you are constantly amazed at the originality and art and humor you can carry with you throughout the day.
courtenay

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh...hello I am Lioneyes4you and I am a blog addict. I don't know how it happened I just started looking at the journals one day and then I started my own. Now I can't get enough blog action. In addition, I am halucinating that I am royalty in my journal. My offline friends put in a missing persons report cause they hadn't heard from me in days...j/k. But seriously, I have daily withdrawls when I don't check journals and the boards. Is there a professional that handles this kind of thing
Lioneyes4you
Queen of dDd
http://journals.aol.com/lioneyes4you/DramaDilemmasandDreams

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh sad to say.. that is soooooo ME!!!  I tell my family & friends if they really want to know then read my jouranl where I put everything.. Mom was nagging.. why am I just find this or that out.. how come your sister knew first?? lol I told her.. because she reads my blog.. duh.

Hello.. My Name is Mary and I am a blogger! (in my best AA member tone)

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

omg
I have all those symptoms
Marti
http://journals.aol.com/sunnyside46/MidlifeMusings

Followers